• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Parsley or Lettuce???

It would look even better if you put more ribs in the box.

Lettuce, Parsley, AND Glaze! Pack the parsley in tighter so it makes a more solid bed.

More meat, less green. Uniform sized ribs... cut cleanly.

Parsley or lettuce, light glaze or dry.
Which of these boxes most please thine eye?
And why.....
Gracias.
ModelMaker
Parsley box is better but in the picture your parsley is too tall - stems need to be shroter and it needs to be packed closer together so the ribs sit on top and not down in.

Glaze because it makes the meat shine and stand out and say "eat me".

The comment about more meat is a good one. With a good parsley box I can use 6 St Louis cut and pretty much fill the box. With short fat ribs I do 4 across and 2 on top and with longer skinny ribs I do 6 across. No need to do a 2 tier as it would hit the lid for sure. With a 2 tier presentation I would do 5 down and 4 on top instead of your 3 and 3.

When you're happy with your box ask yourself this "Is it a Kodak moment?" or "Would this make a great photo in a food magazine?". If the answer is yes then you should be proud of your box no matter what anybody else thinks.

Parsley box is better but in the picture your parsley is too tall - stems need to be shroter and it needs to be packed closer together so the ribs sit on top and not down in.

Glaze because it makes the meat shine and stand out and say "eat me".

The comment about more meat is a good one. With a good parsley box I can use 6 St Louis cut and pretty much fill the box. With short fat ribs I do 4 across and 2 on top and with longer skinny ribs I do 6 across. No need to do a 2 tier as it would hit the lid for sure. With a 2 tier presentation I would do 5 down and 4 on top instead of your 3 and 3.

When you're happy with your box ask yourself this "Is it a Kodak moment?" or "Would this make a great photo in a food magazine?". If the answer is yes then you should be proud of your box no matter what anybody else thinks.

the best box advise in sometime thanks :lol:

Unfortunately, parsley and glaze make a prettier box. I prefer ribs dry. And as a judge, nothing makes my eyes roll more than parsley clinging to a sauced bone that I've placed on my plate. IMO, parsley is obnoxious... but there's no denying it looks good in the box.

It is time to reconsider judging if a sauced rib makes your eyes roll! On the box question, Glazed on more even parsley. Steve.

It is time to reconsider judging if a sauced rib makes your eyes roll! On the box question, Glazed on more even parsley. Steve.

I suppose my comment should have been worded more carefully. Perhaps, something more along the lines of... parsley sucks. Rarely are plates and tables littered with lettuce. That's my point.

Back