Cheap thermometers

jpw23

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My fluke got ruined a few weeks ago when it got rained on....bought a couple of these...less than 10 dollars, not as good as the fluke but, pretty good for the price.
therm.jpg

Jay, had one of those for almost a year. New record for me. Worked perfectly-then I killed it trying to clean the lead. My advise, DO NOT CLEAN anything except the first 5 inches of the probe. Forget cleaning past the bend, and dont worry about the silicon lead. Its going to darken, look nasty compared to the rest of it, but dont fark with it. It works great for a non remote and large display is easy to see. My wife used it all the time in the house oven too.

That looks like a pretty good deal to me. I might have to pick me up a couple.

My brother in law just got one of those from Wal-Mart, and he likes it too.

A suggestion: don't ever take your thermo's outside with out bagging them in a zip-lock first.[ if there is even the most remote chance of rain] Just run the lead out through the zip, and close it as much as you can.

Those are the Ones I use too....about the same price here too !! They all checked close at boiling water point too.

MVC-018F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay, had one of those for almost a year. New record for me. Worked perfectly-then I killed it trying to clean the lead. My advise, DO NOT CLEAN anything except the first 5 inches of the probe. Forget cleaning past the bend, and dont worry about the silicon lead. Its going to darken, look nasty compared to the rest of it, but dont fark with it.

For under $10 I wont feel bad about not cleaning it. Sounds disposable for that price, especailly if I get a year out of one. I dont owe me nothin at that point.

Thanks for the tip gonna run out and pick up a few!

For under $10 I wont feel bad about not cleaning it. Sounds disposable for that price, especailly if I get a year out of one. I dont owe me nothin at that point.

Thanks for the tip gonna run out and pick up a few!

Not sure, but I think a replacement probe for my Weber is about $14.00. This is definitely a good deal. Definitely.

Do like i do on my NuTemps. I wrap from the bend of the probe up the lead in foil. The weak points are usually where the lead meets the point. And by wrapping the lead that is in the pit, clean up is a breeze.

Back