what do you when you cross UDS, a plamsa cutter and a CL performer?

davefan360

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Troy MI (dreaming of sitting in a treestand)
I was going to sell my UDS or pass it on to some one new into BBQ I went to get it ready and the bottom was rusted out. that sucks. Now what? do I trash it? Nope better Idea. My buddy left his plasma cutter at my house so I fired it up cut the top 11in off the UDS, then added that ring to my CL performer. Now I can add one more rack or do a large bird. I also might add a rotisserie as I just happen to have 2 that I found in the shed when we bought the house. http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/droptine27/DSCF7313.jpg

I need to clean it up some and tweak the ring just a tad.

Nice, how is the seal to the kettle? I thought about it once my UDS is on it's last leg.

I am thinking I will make the pizza thing out of the bottom of the drum. this all defats the main reason of selling the drum in the first place, lack of space. But 2 little rings will not take up that much room right?

I am thinking I will make the pizza thing out of the bottom of the drum. this all defats the main reason of selling the drum in the first place, lack of space. But 2 little rings will not take up that much room right?

You can store the rings on your kettles so they take up no extra space.

Great idea.

Back