Ribolator cook ?

growit

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just received my Ribolator and I'm planning on doing ribs this weekend. I was wondering how you Ribolator owner's have cook ribs on it. Foil, no foil, spritz or just naked ? Thanks.

Just done ribs twice of the r-o-lator and both times just let them spin away with an occasional spray. No foil either. But that's me. Maybe the thing to do would be to foil a rack and see what happens. By the way I think the R-O-L is a chicken part cooking machine. Drums and wings are great done on this thing!

Never heard of the R-O-L, so just checked it out. Looks pretty good. So, for $99 you get only the 4 trays and the hardware to attach them to your own spit rod?

Yep. But it is all stainless and looks pretty cool rotating around. The guests are real impressed with it and is a good conversation piece. Some folks dis it as not being a true rotisserie because the meat does not baste itself by rotating. The juices do however, drip through the slits in the shelves onto whatever may be below and baste that way. Works for me.

Some folks dis it as not being a true rotisserie because the meat does not baste itself by rotating

Huh? Yeah, it's still self basting, those folks probably eat their beef well done too. :loco:

I'd like to have one for chix parts at the very least. Ribs too.

My advice is to make sure that you set the trays and secure the X-members on a flat level spot and spin it between your hands to make sure the trays are aligned.

It helps cleanup and keeps meats from sticking when you spray the trays with Pam or cooking oil. Meats will shrink, so evenly distribute them on the tray to avoid them spilling.
I always cook with a grate beneath the ROL and have never lost any meats to the fire gods.

Here is a video Northwest BBQ shot of the ORIGINAL kettle version BOB hacked together to fit my rotis rings. The rest is history!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aULTIgBof0E"]new rib-o-lator video.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I still use the ROL for my comp chicken and it RAWKS!

Sage advice from Swamprb! I'm not sure even B-O-B has as much ribolator cooking experience as Brian.

We've gotten away from the ROL for our comp chicken...and I've decided that our results show this. Have had several calls when using it for yardbird. My daughter thinks it makes a mean burger too!

For ribs, I'd say load em up...let 'em spin til theyr'e done. Spritz if you wanna.

No reason to foil with the ROL. The trays act like foil because they heat up and surround the meat.

Back