Thread: KCBS Pork Rule
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimebbq View Post
On the KCBS website, there are quick notes from the BOD meeting. Looks like two votes for the pork rule were taken and one passed. The Mike Peters rule called for no returning of pork to the smoker once it was parted.

I propose the following motion for consideration:
PORK: Pork is defined as Boston Butt, Boston Roast, Picnic and/or Whole Shoulder, weighing a minimum of five (5) pounds. After trimming, pork shall be cooked whole (bone in or bone out). Once parted into slices, medallions, cutlets, chunks, pulled or shredded portions, those portions may not be returned to the cooker or grill.
Second Mike Budai
Motion Pass
6 yes, Mike B, Randy B, Kim C, Wayne L, Tana S, Mike P
4 No, Steve F, Don H, Dave C, Jeff S

The second vote called for the returning of parted pork be up to the cook.

Jeff Stith
I make the motion that the set of rules for 2014 be officially finalized. There were only two rules applying to cooks that were passed as motions to be changed during this year.
1. Rule #12 regarding garnish was changed in wording. The last sentence currently says: "Improper garnish shall receive a score of one (1) on appearance. The word "improper" has been changed to "illegal".
2. The pork rule has been changed to read: Pork: Pork is defined as Boston Butt, Boston Roast, Picnic and/or Whole Shoulder. After trimming, pork shall be cooked whole /9bone in or bone out), however, once cooked, it may be separated and returned to the cooker at the cook's discretion. It may be turned in chopped, pulled, chunked, sliced or a combination of any of those."
Second Steve Farrin
3-Yes Steve F, Dave C, Jeff S
7-no Don H, Tana S, Mike B, Randy B, Kim C, Wayne L, Mike P

Motion fails as is.

Funny thing is both of those votes have a note from whoever took the quick notes that states, Consensus of the BOD is to put the 5 lb back in and allow the meat to be put back on the smoker. I personally don't understand how that statement can be made about the Mike Peters' motion if it specifically indicates the pork cannot be returned to the smoker. Regardless, they have set aside both votes for another meeting later this month.
Actually the quick notes are incomplete. Tana changed her vote on mike peters motion and it was defeated. As it stands now the pork rule is in limbo.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->