Naked ribs and chicken

1911Ron

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have done ribs several times, i have done 3-2-1,i have done no wrap but spritzed with apple juice and water but with a deflector in my drum. This time i did naked ribs with no deflector at around 280deg. Lessons learned: i put to much rub on causing it to burn (crispy bark:tsk:) i also used lump for the second time and used less smoking wood (apple/hickory) as the first time using lump it was way powerful smoke, this time i had good flavor, but as mentioned earlier they had a crispy bark (ok burnt:rolleyes:) but juicey inside.
Also did 3 spatchcocked chickens that turned out great:becky:
Nakedribs_zps0dfdc331.jpg

Ribsandchicken_zpsec9560ff.jpg

Use the Rub Sparingly and cut way back on the sugar content in it and try it again. When I apply my rub you really have to look to see it on the surface. Less is SOOOO much more. Birds have a nice color.

Use the Rub Sparingly and cut way back on the sugar content in it and try it again. When I apply my rub you really have to look to see it on the surface. Less is SOOOO much more. Birds have a nice color.
I will try that next time with my ribs and thanks for the comment on the birds, was really happy with how they turned out.

Back