REhearsal Dinner Q

T

Toivo

Tonight for my son and his future brides rehearsal dinner we are serving pulled pork and chicken sandwiches along with coleslaw, beans, homemade mac & cheese and cheesy potatoes. Beverages are homebrew and homemade blueberry merlot wine along with geuwertztraminer. I smoked 35Lbs of pork butts and 10 whole chickens. Should be good times with friends tonight.

You'll love it. For our rehearsal dinner (mine and my wife's) my dad and I did almost the same menu you're doing, except we did brisket instead of chicken, and it was a huge hit.

edit: If you're son likes to cook or Q at all, I'd suggest including him. Yeah he's really busy with the wedding and all, but helping my dad with this stuff was a very welcome break from all the pre-wedding headaches (and good time spent together). I do, however, have an obsession with cooking/grilling/que'ing so YMMV.

I must have not received my invitation! That sounds fantastic!

You'll love it. For our rehearsal dinner (mine and my wife's) my dad and I did almost the same menu you're doing, except we did brisket instead of chicken, and it was a huge hit.

edit: If you're son likes to cook or Q at all, I'd suggest including him. Yeah he's really busy with the wedding and all, but helping my dad with this stuff was a very welcome break from all the pre-wedding headaches (and good time spent together). I do, however, have an obsession with cooking/grilling/que'ing so YMMV.

He actually graduated from college April 30th and started a job in Milwaukee on May 2nd so he was out of town when I did all the smoking. He is home today, but he is golfing while his mom and I are getting everything together for tonight. He is a excellent cook and we did use his rub and sauce recipes.

I must have not received my invitation! That sounds fantastic!
I know what you mean, I didn't get mine either. Really though, I hope all goes well and give my congrats to your son and his future bride. :thumb:

Sounds great. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I wish we would have had that for our rehearsal dinner.sounds great!

There will be some great memories made there! We did the same thing for our Son & his bride a few years ago and they still talk about it. Much, much more enjoyable that a restaurant setting IMO. We didn't limit it to just the wedding party. We had many of our family & friends join us, ~75. Gawd that was a fun evening. Cheers & Congrats Dad!!!

Back