• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Simply Marvelous Rubs

Pappy Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just received my sample pack of their rubs that includes:
Sweet Seduction
Sweet & Spicy
Season All
Cherry rub
Pecan rub
Apple rub

I've never used these so looking for suggestions for competition Chicken, ribs, pork and brisket. Thanks!

Best advice is just experiment and see what you like.

Truthfully, I like them all on any of those cuts.

Sweet Seduction & Cherry on ribs w/ 1/2 & 1/2 Blues Hog Original, Tennessee Red is a sure fire winner IMHO. Or Sweet & Spicy + Cherry.

I've used the Apple & Season All on butts with stellar results, too,

I have no suggestions for competition style cooking, but I do love the Season All on beef, the Sweet and Spicy, Cherry, Sweet Seduction and Pecan on all types of pork, and Sweet Seduction with chicken. Heck, they're pretty much all good for all kinds of meats.

Cherry rub goes everything. I want to try the Sweet Seduction and the Apple rub.

Honestly, I've never been disappointed by any one of them on anything, so they quite possibly can go with everything.

The only kind I don't have on hand personally is the Sweet Seduction, but I had some of that on pork and brisket at the Royal with the Brethren team at the Open this year. It was great on both of them. So good in fact, that we placed around the top 25% or so of all the teams between both entries if I recall correctly, and this was by non-competition cooks using equipment and methods they are not familiar with, up against the competitors at the American Royal. So I think that says something.:thumb:

a little of this and a little of that on diffrent pieces during practice cooks. jd is definately right though.

I'd say it really depends on the flavor profile the judges in your area desire, might want to research that.

The season all is my go to rub for everything.

I have used the season all on believe it or not, chicken and noodles----- Simply Awesome! I have not had my 6 pack long enough to try it all, but something else to try any of the flavors on is popcorn. I use seasoned salt all the time on popcorn, try it.

I just received my sample pack of their rubs that includes:
Sweet Seduction
Sweet & Spicy
Season All
Cherry rub
Pecan rub
Apple rub

I've never used these so looking for suggestions for competition Chicken, ribs, pork and brisket. Thanks!

I'm interested in trying these rubs. Poked around the website looking for the sampler but couldn't find it. How does one acquire these packets of magic dust?

Simply Marvelous rubs

I got my first order of Simply Marvelous rubs in the mail today:

Spicy Apple
Sweet Seduction
Season All
Cherry Rub

I got some ribs in the smoker now that are dusted with Sweet Seduction. Anxious to see how they turn out.

I like to use Season All as the base rub and then depending on what I'm cooking, hit it with the other rubs. I did pulled pork for Christmas gifts and I followed the SA with a bit of Sweet and Spicy, a bit of Pecan, and then right before I put them on, I hit the butts with the Cherry. The flavor was incredible!

Ribs = Season All, Spicy Apple, Sweet Seduction
Beef = Season All, Steph's beef rub coming soon ~ Pepper Cow ???
Chicken = Season All, Sweet and Spicy

Did I mention I like Season All on everything?? :thumb:

100_1267.jpg
100_1261.jpg

Back