• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

rib question

B

beertender55

with the football games on sunday my time is somewhat limited, so i was wondering if i could smoke up some ribs on saturday for about halfway thru and then finish them off in the grill or oven on sunday morning before the game? Or am i just better off getting up way earlier in the morning. thanks

fresh is better...wake up and smell the smoke...and throw some A.B.T.'s on there as well, that will get you fired up for the game!

Don’t stress over it, if you have the time on Saturday cook them then, they will still taste great on Sunday. I think ribs sometimes taste better the next day, like chili. Just don’t sauce them, wait and do that as your about to pull them off. Ribs reheat great on the grill in my opinion.

The first game doesn't even start until 3pm your time. You don't even have to get up early...

If you put them on at 7am they are ready for lunch.

We entertain a lot and several years ago I decided i was tired of all my friends coming over drinking all my beer and having fun while i slaved away cooking for them. I now pre-cook everything and warm it up before the party. I'm with Jonesy, i think ribs are better the next day anyways. That's why i have 10 racks fully cooked in the freezer right now.

Yeah, if you're going to do them the day before, cook them completely and then just warm them up for the party, they'll be better. Something about the way the connective tissue breaks down makes the stop in the middle not a good thing.

I agree with jonesy. Smoke them all the way Sat. On sun, sauce them and heat them up on the grill. They'll taste great.

Or just get it lazy butt up on sun!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

If it was summertime, I'd say get up early and make the cook part of the festivities, with everyone hanging around the cooker, tossing down some cold ones. But January in NY, I'm gonna go with smoking them all the way on Saturday (no sauce), then heating on the grill and saucing (if that's you preference) on Sunday. J.E.T.S. Jets! Jets! Jets!!!

Fresh is definitely better, but I've had good success using the 3-2-1 method and doing 3-2 one day and -1 the next.

And Mister Bob, The refs were absolutely on your side last Sunday. As were the Patriots!

with the football games on Sunday my time is somewhat limited, so i was wondering if i could smoke up some ribs on Saturday for about halfway thru and then finish them off in the grill or oven on Sunday morning before the game? Or am i just better off getting up way earlier in the morning. thanks

If you don't want to cook them on Sunday...I would cook them all the way on Saturday then wrap them in aluminum foil and toss them in the fridge...Sunday before the game just pop them in to a 300 degree oven for an hour and you're good to go. :thumb:

Back