Contests and Pellet Smoker-- Banned?

chuckswagonbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been looking at buying either a FEC or Treager pellet smoker and want to enter into some contests next year. Some one told me that the KCBS has banned these type of smokers from competition. Is this true?

NO there are a lot of them in use. I think last weekend in Pacific there was 8 or 9 being used (including mine).

alot of teams use FEC's in comps, and walk

their is a team that does very well called Pellet Envy

EDIT:

<------ look at my avartar

They are legal, but some consider them "cheating." (Well, at least someone did until he got one himself.:eek::p:mrgreen:)

Thanks guys! The person who told me does have a clue about BBQ but I thought he got very bad info.

Maybe, just maybe it is true... let's just pretend that it is and now all of you that use them and keep whippin' my tail at cooks can just quit coming. The GC at Snowbird used a couple of FE's, maybe he didn't really win???:biggrin:

...... and it's not even the dead of winter yet...:lol:

Thanks guys! The person who told me does have a clue about BBQ but I thought he got very bad info.

I think your freind may have been quoting this, directly from Cookshack's website. Thing is you have to read the whole thing!:wink:

Not sure which ones are outlawed, but I see logs of FEC100's out there!

Cookshack's Electric Smokers Are So Good They Are Banned from Competition Cooking!

Cookshack electric smokers are illegal according to the major sanctioning bodies

They don't want us! Cookshack wood/electric smokers' reliability and consistency of results has made them illegal at barbecue cook-offs. (Cookshack's "legal" line of competition smokers, Fast Eddy's by Cookshack, continues to bring teams to the winners' circle.) Just think - you can serve barbecue so good it's illegal! MORE HERE http://www.cookshack.com/Default.aspx?shortcut=news

Back