2 Turkeys on UDS

daven8844x

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi All, I built a UDS and have a Weber lid flange mod. Looking to smoke two 12lb turkeys this year. Anyone see any issues with smoking both in the UDS (one on the regular rack, and one on the high rack near the flange mod)? I think I will be ok on clearance (smoking birds breast up), but is there any other reason, such as not enough room for O2?

I have an chargriller superpro too that has been modded to improve known issues, so I was thinking of doing one in there, but the thing is just so hard to keep temps up even with the mods, and the weather is going to be cold, so if I can do both in UDS at one time, that is what I want. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

It will work fine if there is room, just rotate bottom to top mid way through and you should be all set.

It will work just fine. I did 2 last night and both on the same rack. I have the same lid setup as you and will be doing 3 tonight, two on the bottom rack and 1 on the top. I did use a water pan this time set at about 4" below the bottom rack and really like the results.

Back