HELP!! With chickens

2guystryin

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok guys. I took 1St place chicken again at my second comp last weekend. I guess its pretty good but on to buisness. I just got my health permit cleared today. Just found out I got a gig smoken 150 halves, and another one with 300 halves. Both want my competition chicken. How am i supposed to holdem, or im gonna need a pretty big unit. :confused:

Tell us how you make them, including the recipe and perhaps we can help!!:wink:

For that many servings, I would never promise competition level chicken. I would promise the same recipe, but, for that many folks you either need a large rig and several helpers, or the ability to hold chicekns. You can hold them in cambros, which can usually be rented from catering rental places. But, I can see no practical way to guarantee or deliver competition grade chicen that way.

Ok goddahavit. well u have to cook the innards with the chicken for that just right flavor profile. lol

Landarc thanks for the info. im thinking about building a holding unit for them. I think i can pull off the comp style maybe with a good show lol. hell i beat a guy whith this 45000 smoker with a uds. and the first comp i beat him with a weber kettle i found on the side of the road. he doesnt like me that much. and who needs a smoker the size of a semi anyway. lmao

I wish you luck, I have done chicken halves for 200 to 300 covers, it isn't easy. And you are really gonna be moving to just get them served. We cooked all afternoon, cooled and served the next day. It was still a lot of work. I suspect serving hot would have been easier, but, that was how the church did it.

Gonna build a rig or build about 20 ud smokers lol. im lovin people lovin it. gonna be a s load of work

Back