Gas Mask? Seriously!

sge_400_nofilter.jpg

Better to be safe than sorry. I have COPD (from different kind of smoke) so I'm getting a mask for smoking. Fighting for air really sucks and while you are younger, you may feel you are immune or maybe tough enough to handle some discomfort. But if you are exposed to prolonged smoke frequently and COPD hits you down, you'll really really wish you'd made some different choices way back when. For anyone noticing serious irritation when smoking, time to get smart!
:clap:

This is a really good point! Thanks for sharing your situation and pointing this out.
I never ever thought about the long term effects of all the smoke I'm inhaling whilst bbqing.....

I've seen CORD patients die in front of me, with none of my treatments working..... Not nice really really not nice.

Something to consider I guess , especially for the tobacco smokers out there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use paper mask and safety goggles to clean ashes and tend firebox while cooking. I stick my welding gloved hands inside the box to turn logs, so my face is about 3 feet from the fire.

a59c777407c9db31d5ca85aebb853c0b.jpg

Yup use mine. Military issue. Nothing but the best. Ps not meant to offend this is staged as a joke.
SMOKINGPROBLEM003.jpg

"That's funny right there no matter who you are." (Larry the cable guy mod) :laugh:

The Kapn gave what sounds like a good idea, I have tried masks and they are a pain in the arss, this from someone that has been a spray painter for many years of my life.

Set on a table or chair behind or off to the side and turn it on just before opening the pit and off again when done or the fire may spike up from the added wind. I have often wondered about adding an exhaust fan like some larger more expensive smokers have.
Dave

Er...ah an electric smoker?:shock:

Boshizzle, I don't have a solution, but I do feel your pain. There are many meals (after a long smoke) that I just don't enjoy because I have a headache and/or I have inhaled so much smoke that I can't really taste the food. I think I manage my fire pretty well, but hey, when you throw on a new split - there's gonna be some smoke!

Hey, if you think it's a true allergic reaction, you might try an OTC allergy medicine in the morning before you start smoking. Or, pop an all-day pain med like Naproxen for the headache. (Just call me Dr. Feelgood.) :becky:

Boshizzle, I don't have a solution, but I do feel your pain. There are many meals (after a long smoke) that I just don't enjoy because I have a headache and/or I have inhaled so much smoke that I can't really taste the food. I think I manage my fire pretty well, but hey, when you throw on a new split - there's gonna be some smoke!

Hey, if you think it's a true allergic reaction, you might try an OTC allergy medicine in the morning before you start smoking. Or, pop an all-day pain med like Naproxen for the headache. (Just call me Dr. Feelgood.) :becky:

Yep, I enjoy the BBQ the next day much more than just after I cook it.

I don't think it's allergies. I just think that my sinuses are sensitive to irritation from the smoke. The Jambo is a bit bigger than my other smokers and the smoke, even though clear or whiffs of blue, is a bit more intense because I cook on it using all wood. And, it's hard to reach meat in the Jambo when spritzing or arranging without sticking my head pretty close to cooking area.

Back