Costco now has "Mystery Rack" ribs

I just used those as an example. They were just made up. Your original question seemed to assume success was a was "walks" or a "GC". So I wanted to see how less than that stacked up in your mind.

You assumed correctly..to me competition BBQ success=walking at and winning contests..that's my opinion

We buy the 3 packs from Costco and haven't had too many issues with them. I've actually had more "bad" racks from RD than I have from Costco.

I'm competing this weekend and I plan to use the 3 pack again. I'm hoping to come back and say I walked :)

I was middle of the pack for my first comp using these ribs.

Our Costcos only sold the 3-packs for as long as I can remember. It was only relatively recently they also stocked the 2-packs. These are shipped and packed differently and may have different suppliers. I've had no problem with either. Yes, you cannot select as well with the 3-packs, but I've not gotten the idea they're trying to deceive with what I've purchased.

same here. I've always seen 3packs at costco.

Got some yesterday and all three look pretty good. Smoked one today and it was very meaty and good. Other two are in the freezer in Food Saver wrapping.

Back