• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Second Thanksgiving ideas

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Long story short....had to go to the wife's brother's house 3 hrs. away for Thanksgiving. Planning a second one this weekend at our place for those that couldn't make the trip. Everyone is on turkey overload and looking for something else as a main course.

So....I thought I'd ask the very knowledgeable crew on here for ideas on what to serve (I'll be smoking it of course). I'd appreciate whatever ideas you could share...

Pork Loin! The cost for pork loin isnt too outrageous. It is dericious and easy to cook and goes well with just about anything!

Double smoked ham, or prime rib.

I made both ham and turkey for Thanksgiving and the ham blew the turkey out of the water.

Skidder that cranberry-orange bbq sauce from patio daddy sounds like it would go great with a pork tenderloin. I am going to have to give that a try soon!

Skidder that cranberry-orange bbq sauce from patio daddy sounds like it would go great with a pork tenderloin. I am going to have to give that a try soon!

I did a regular brinded and smoked pork loin for my buddys reception party and it was the hit of the party he and a few other relayed back to me

Thanks guys for all the great ideas. Leaning towards pork loin but not final yet. I'd appreciate any other ideas you could share.....

Thanks guys for all the great ideas. Leaning towards pork loin but not final yet. I'd appreciate any other ideas you could share.....

You can feed a lot of ppl and have a delicious meal for a decent price with the loin. I would brine it for a few hours so you can make sure it's moist. I do mine to a finished internal temp of about 145 to 147 as to not over cook.

Cut a loin into 3" thick chops brine em up and smoke some thick stuffed chops.

Last edited:
Back