***August Special: MASTER'S CUT*** "Beef Tenderloin" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New August Special Throwdown Category

is..."MASTER'S CUT: Beef Tenderloin!"

32870208465_bc46c55611_c.jpg

This was Ron_L's winning entry in the 2017 Beef Tenderloin Master Throwdown

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING:

1. Your entry must consist of Beef Tenderloin as a primary feature.

2. You must cook the meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

4. You must submit one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in raw form while cooking), and one photo of your completed dish. You must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you submit more than three photos, you MUST indicate which three you want used for judging. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread.

Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread of how entries should be submitted:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...4&postcount=12

5. No sides are allowed. You may however dress your dish with other (edible) items to pull the dish together into one specific entree. For example, with a short rib you could make a bed of salad greens, topped with sliced short rib. However, a short rib or short ribs with a baked potato and/or asparagus on the side is not allowed. The entree you create must stand on its own.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/3/18 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Tuesday 9/4/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Tuesday 9/4/18

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The winner will get exclusive rights to be called "BBQ Brethren 2018 Beef Tenderloin Master", which you can feel free to add to your signature, proclaim to the world, tatoo on your forehead, have printed on hats, or whatever the heck strikes your fancy. :biggrin1:

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
WOW!!!!! Sako I could probably eat that cut raw!!! lol looking great, everyone really, awesome entries!!!

My Entry in the Master's Cut Beef Tenderloin Throwdown

First ever throwdown entry! I want to give credit to everyone who submits in these challenges. It's harder than you would think. Beef tenderloin, trimmed, kosher salt and black pepper. Grilled on the GMG Davy Crockett. Thanks!

Attachments

• A6AAEA95-3E73-478B-98BC-050C5B17DF48.jpg
    A6AAEA95-3E73-478B-98BC-050C5B17DF48.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 28384B3E-814D-44D7-A0DD-EC0EEF2C2DD0.jpg
    28384B3E-814D-44D7-A0DD-EC0EEF2C2DD0.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 169
  • 299EDBF0-B992-4D23-A80A-C652A6D041CF.jpg
    299EDBF0-B992-4D23-A80A-C652A6D041CF.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 170
As I didn't read the rules prior to voting, I thought first picture of raw steak was only entry and thought that was a bold strategy

Back