Hello from Virginia!

benuski

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am from Richmond, VA, and I started my BBQ experience with east Carolina vinegar based sauces when I was in grad school. I started my smoking experience with a Coleman electric smoker that I smoked a couple of pork butts on and then sold it when I moved to an apartment that wouldn't allow it. When we bought our house, I got a Weber Kettle, and after experimenting with snake style smoking I got a Slow N Sear to go low and slow, primarily with pork butts. I've had a lot of fun with that, and will continue to smoke and grill that way, but I've also just bought a Pit Barrel Junior, so I'm excited to see what I can do with that.

Thanks for this site!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

When I lived in an apartment complex, they allowed grilling on our decks but only small propane grills. It was not a great space to do much and the smoke probably drove the neighbors nuts. I can see why complexes would be against it. It would have been nice to have a park/common area. Since I bought a home, the game has changed tremendously.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back