Pot roast!?!?!?

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
First off WHAT THE HELL and second, we have a customer that wants a bid on doing pot roast for 125 people. First I envision pot roast the way mom did in a pot in the oven and second how would you do this on the smoker?? What type of cut would you use?
I was thinking of dong a shoulder clod and then whipping up some gravy? I'm just scratching my head on this one :crazy:

You could use a shoulder or better yet bnls chuck roast. Pot roast is usually a roast from the front qtr where it needs to cook long time, slow and usually with some liquid, like braising. Most use bnls chuck or shoulder for pulled or shredded bbq beef. Pot roast once cooked really falls apart like pulled bbq beef anyway. I would put meat in a foil pan with some beef broth or better yet some water with Lipton's onion soup mix added. Smoke till tender and starts falling apart. Some also add carrots, onions, celery and potatoes to their pot roasts also.
Just MHO.

Good Luck

My first briskets 20+ years ago would turn out like pot roast because I left them in foil too long. I could try again, but I have never tried to fark a briskie on purpose.

Good Luck, buddy.

Back