What to take to first competition?

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm entering an amature Class/Competition in August. It is really more of a beginners class but they are also having a minor competition for the participants so they can get the feel of it. I'm going to have fun, meet flolks, learn and eat some good Q. This will be a 6:00 am to 6:00 pm cook so I need to know what sort of things are considered necessities and what you take to make life more enjoyable. They require a 10x10 awning, your own smoker, lawn chairs, and a table. They will supply the meat (chicken, ribs and brisket) and charcoal. I'm planning on bring an apron, some fatties, favorite beverage, cooler with ice, cooler without ice. What am I forgeting? What do you bring to keep you going and make life enjoyable.

CD player/boombox.
Coleman recliner
Seasonings and rubs and your pit tools
juices annd sprayer

PM me your email, and I will send you my checklist that I use for contests. It is an excel spreadsheet. Let me know if you dont have excel, and I can PDF it.

Fire extinguisher is required for KCBS sanctioned events. 6am to 6p.m., good luck on the brisket! Must be a small one wothout applying any rub for any amount of time.

Back