• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The dangers of smoking a duck..

GARNAAL

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]I did some shopping for oliebollen - A dutch Traditional Holiday treat, this week and on the [SIZE=+1]w[/SIZE]ay picked up a nice frozen duck to prepare for Sunday dinner...
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]
W[/SIZE]e decided to lightly smoke it outside first and then [SIZE=+1]the wife[/SIZE] was to finish it off in the oven with some orange sauce..

[SIZE=+1]Well - I brined the duck overnight - next day I stuffed it with the [SIZE=+1]cut up liver, rice, some onions andmandarins..
then [SIZE=+1]put it in the smoker for a couple of hours..

[SIZE=+1]In the mean t[SIZE=+1]ime [SIZE=+1]- it's ~ [SIZE=+1]3:30 [/SIZE] PM - [SIZE=+1]the wife[/SIZE] fig[SIZE=+1]u[/SIZE]red we'll fix a nice cold dry [SIZE=+1]Tanqueray M[/SIZE]artini[SIZE=+1] with some pickled garlics in there[SIZE=+1], while munching on some left over sushi I made the day before..

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]A[/SIZE]nyway th[SIZE=+1]at [SIZE=+1]M[/SIZE]artini[SIZE=+1] became 2..
and after that[SIZE=+1], [/SIZE]I figured I better go sit outside and watch that smoker..[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE]it's still shorts/shirt weather out here...
and after a while I went in to get me another [SIZE=+1]B[/SIZE]ourbon or 2.... (I lost track..)

[SIZE=+1]After the duck was smoked I took it inside -
never figured out, what she did with it after that -
I fell asleep in my lounger watching foo[SIZE=+1]tball on TV..
[SIZE=+1]
she was still [SIZE=+1]mad at me the next morning.....
[SIZE=+1]
Go figure .. after all that trouble I went through to [SIZE=+1]fix her dinner...:p:-D:p

[SIZE=+1]Guess the moral of the story is - Stay away from ducks!!:laugh:[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Smoking a duck makes me sleepy, too. :yawn:

CD :becky:

oh oh...

I finally know what happened with that duck.

we're having leftovers tonight..:doh:

I wondered why those guys on Duck Dynasty seem a little slow.

I can assure you that the home team did not get passed the goal line after your "performance."

If you roll the duck in butcher paper does it light faster? Or does it need to be foiled......just askin'

For some time I've been thinking that martinis and smoking don't work well with each other.

I've thought about it, haven't done anything about it.

If you roll the duck in butcher paper does it light faster? Or does it need to be foiled......just askin'

the way I was going; after some Martinis and Bourbons -
I probably could have lit it, standing close to the smoker and just breathing on it.. :laugh:

anyway this is how it went in.... and how it came out !

537762_513935191972528_1355178829_n.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM5390r.JPG
    HPIM5390r.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back