View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
Take your cost of food ingredients and muliply x 3 or 4 and don't guess at the cost if your recipe has 3 tablespoons of salt then figure out what salt costs per tablespoon ect. I try to keep my food cost between 25% and 33%
this is good to go on..read your customer and when you offer special services get the X 4....
when everyone says it seems high, explain the Southern Pride all stainless, was 19,000 new...you have 2 mil for insurnace coverage so some dumb ass cant own it when he trips on spilled sauce..You were up at 3 am loading the briskets in that took till 11 pm to trim with the pork butts, diesel fuel is 4 00 a gall hauling stuff around, the f 350 was 42,000...while everyone is pounding the beers, you are cleaning knives and cookers, you wife is pissed at you cause you missed her mothers birthday while you had to cook....you all know what i mean..

Bottom line hold your ground and make cash to make up for the HARD work....sure is fun aint it?

Thanks from: --->