• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Moink faq

So if wrapping meatballs in bacon makes it a moink balls, what is wrapping a fatty in bacon?

and I'm sorry, but excluding an entire nationality from making moinks is not very brethrenly. I am not allowed to buy precooked italian meatballs, as most self respecting Italians will attest.

My grandmother will rise from the dead, beat me senseless with the wooden spoon we buried her with(at her request, along with her Polenta pot), then proceed to wrap my balls in bacon and send me to hell for them to crisp up.

That gives me an idea: bacon wrapped Rocky Mountain Oysters

That gives me an idea: bacon wrapped Rocky Mountain Oysters

These don't need no fancy name, when ya serve 'em, just tell people, here's some balls

I would replace the saltines with Ritz crackers, they taste better... And can make the MOINK ball better.

I understand completely the defence of MOINK balls basic and essential character. I don't think, Larry, you're overly sensitive, just protective. But, up here in Canada can we use back bacon? What you folks in the south call Canadian bacon?

appetizer??? why didn't some one say that earlier on...:becky: I just made my first batch of official MOINK balls and used 3 lbs of grassfed beef and only made 23 :becky:.

I made them for the boys at school that helped build my UDS last week and if you remember high school boys they will do anything for food and eat almost anything.

woodsteach

Grail, I got one more quick question, and I didn't find it in the rules?

For the party, can I make them Stuffed MOINK balls? With a little jalapino's slice, and American cheese slice, stuffed in the middle of the MOINK balls?

No Derek, MOINK balls are all beef meatballs period, no added stuff other than binders. Do not mess with the recipe on this one. Or do not call them MOINK balls.

So, with all due respect to Larry, his creation and all the MOINK ball purists, I have to say that having your product become THE name that people use when describing something is the ultimate manifestation of cultural acceptance.

Anyone blow their nose on a "facial tissue"? Hell no. We all use "Kleenex" even though that's just a brand name. How about covering a cut with an "adhesive bandage"? Nope. Band-Aids for everyone.

Bacon-wrapped meatball anyone? No thanks. I'll have a MOINK ball.

Just sayin....

Now is the time for all moinkball purists to stand together and unite against all moinkball pretenders. If we do not act now, soon we will have "light moinkballs" or "tofu moinkballs" or people on the street selling "genuine moink knockoffs", and it will be the end of moinkballs as we know them. Support M.A.D.A.M. (Moink Afficcianados Demanding Authentic Moink now.

Thanks Bob,

I'll keep it pure, But I have to use the low sodium bacon though....

If your using cooked meatballs do you precook the bacon ?
Are they made from scratch?

The rules states you can't use pre cooked meatballs, gotta make them your self.

( just obeying the rules )

Derek, you gotta really start reading more closely. The rules state that the original MOINK is made with pre-made Italian meat balls and bacon wrapped around. Look, you can always make bacon wrapped meatballs and do whatever you want. MOINK balls are really simple, all beef meatball wrapped with bacon, rub or not, smoked. No stuffing, no blending meat in the meat balls, no poultry products etc...

It is all in fun that we call them MOINK balls and follow the rules.

Sorry, Derek, but this is from the MOINK master himself:

Official MOINK Balls are made using pre-cooked Italian style meatballs.

You can use anything else you'd like but THE officially licensed MOINK Ball is done one way and one way only.

(Landarc beat me to it, but I already wrote this up)

I know they altered it to allow homemade meatballs, too, but the purchased ones are recommended to be pre-cooked. Make 'em anyway you want, but a true MOINK ball has no stuffing, no cheese, no peppers, no sausage, and no excessive pork other than the bacon. They have to have (mostly) beef in the middle and bacon on the outside, no more. Spice, rub, and sauce are open to interpretation as the creator deems fit, but the basics are pretty simple.

Take thawed (or fresh) meatballs, wrap each one in half of a slice of bacon, skewer to hold bacon, sprinkle rub on top, grill or smoke at a low temp to desired doneness, and glaze at the end if desired. Anything more than that takes away from the simple treasure that is a MOINK ball.

Back