Insert Catchey BBQ Themed Title Here....

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What with being so busy takin' naps and important stuff like that there, (Vacation Mod), I'm just getting around to posting up my full cook from Sunday. With the passing of my last Pulled Pork Reserve outta Freezer I needed to restock with some tasty smoked Pork Picnics. I picked up two fine chunks from Market, a ten pounder and an eight respectively. Here they are after injecting with 1/2 cup each of Apple Juice and Cider Vinegar and rubbed down with my Long Beard Rub.....
Rubbed1.jpg

One of my favorite things to see, the Start of the Cook....Into The Smoke!!!
Start_Smoking2.jpg

You may have noticed the Can of SPAM hiding in the first pic....Here it is along with some Kielbasas making an appearance in the DrumPit...
Basa_On.jpg

Thirty minutes later it was time to glaze the SPAM....
Spam_Glazing1.jpg

Fellow Brethren JohnJ most graciously sent me some samples of his signature sauce MANKIND! I chose the Hot to serve as the glaze...
MANKIND_Hot2.jpg

Glazing begins...
Spam_Glazing1.jpg

Glaze Set...
Spam_Glazing3.jpg

A peek at the Picnics...
Coming_Along.jpg

I sealed up the DrumPit and did not open it back up for nine hours....
In the meantime.....SPAM plated....Look at that Glaze....
Spam_Resting.jpg

Sliced and ready to be my Breakfast....JohnJ's sauce is top notch!!!
Money_Shot4.jpg

Only kicked the DrumPit once at the 5 hour mark to knock down the ash, nine hours later, the Sun on it's way to setting...
DrumPit_Afternoon.jpg

And the Picnics....I had to let them go another 2 hours after this shot...
Looking Mighty Fine...And the Aroma!!!
Pork_Smoking.jpg

Later today I'll be posting up a recipe and some pics for a dish I need help naming...We've just been calling it "That Stuff You Make With The Pork"....

More to follow...

Lookin' good! I'm gonna have the give the Spam a shot while the wife & kids are out of town. I've been eating burnt ends & MOINKs for 4 days so may as well go for the gold, right?

BTW finished my UDS over the 4th weekend & was inspired by yer exhuast, so I got one just like it - got great comments on it this weekend, too. :thumb:

Do you generally prefer picnics? I seem to remember you doing them before - but then, there's always the chance of my having false memories implanted by aliens.

Those picnics look fantastic. I prefer my PP to be made out of picnic over butt. The flavor is slightly more robust IMO.

When I can get them on sale, I prefer Whole Shoulder.

Lookin' good! I'm gonna have the give the Spam a shot while the wife & kids are out of town. I've been eating burnt ends & MOINKs for 4 days so may as well go for the gold, right?

BTW finished my UDS over the 4th weekend & was inspired by yer exhuast, so I got one just like it - got great comments on it this weekend, too. :thumb:

Do you generally prefer picnics? I seem to remember you doing them before - but then, there's always the chance of my having false memories implanted by aliens.

That's a LOTTA meat there. I haven't done a whole one due to sheer size yet since there's only two of us...

Vac seal and freeze - pulled pork on demand! :thumb: I feel nekkid if I don't have pulled pork in the freezer.

Lookin GOOD Mr. Man! Or is it Mr. 8? Or just.....never mind....

I introduced the boys to spam sandwiches this past Sunday! They liked it!:thumb:

Great Looking Grub!!!!!!!!!!

I am way overdue on a SPAM cook.
Gonna fix that in a couple of days. :-D

Good Job!

TIM

Looks fantastic :thumb: They make a spicy SPAM already just need to spruce it up a tad with some more sauce.

Back