View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #18
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Here is one we got this week. A guy called and spoke to my wife and said he wanted 3 grills. My wife said we sell many and she started to name them off. He said I will take Primo. He then asked if he could have a courier pick them up and send them to South Africa? My wife told him we could send it to Alabama. He insisted it was picked up from our store. The phone was full of static and he had a heavy foreign accent. He said he was calling from Alabama and his name was Mack?

He then sent this email:

Hi Leah,
Thank you for your service on the phone,well i will like to Purchase the BBQ Grills we talk
about,well you say the total price of (3) is $3298.50 and will like to know if the price include sales tax? again i will like to know the type of credit card you accept as form of payment so that i will send you my credit card details for the payment.Hope to hear much from you soon.Thanks
Rev Mack Willson

He called back later and I spoke with him. He kept telling me to send him a email with the total then he would give me his credit card info. I told him something was strange about his request and that I would have to call his bank to verify it he hung up.

Dont know what his plan was but he was up to something.

[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote