• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Hog Fest in Historic Edenton, NC Apr. 29th & 30th, 2011

Tarheel

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello Brethren, :clap2: I wanted to get this out to everyone, plans are well underway for the 5th Hog Fest. Those of you who have been with us in the past know we have fun. Those who have not visted us are simply missing out. This year we have Smithfield and one of our presenting sponsors and they will be set up there with lots of fun things. Our website this year is www.hogfestedenton.com and you can find all the applications there. If you have questions just let me know.
So look foward to seeing all of you again and some new faces too.
:becky:
Roy

Prize Money!!

The prize schedule will be posted on the website next week, I can tell you that the total is $10,250 plus some very nice trophys on the KCBS side. And then a little more on the whole hog side as well. Check the website next week.

Roy

Wouldn't miss it. Had a great time last year and it was ran very well.

Hey Rick Hamilton and Icbateman3 - I figured that you both are doing the KCBS comp, but are either of you competing in the "Whole Hog" category as sanctioned by the North Carolina Pork Council?

I am certified to judge both KCBS and the NC Pork Council comps, but will stick with KCBS for this event (more fun and more variety!).

Looking forward to catching up with both of you AFTER the judging.

Hey Rick Hamilton and Icbateman3 - I figured that you both are doing the KCBS comp, but are either of you competing in the "Whole Hog" category as sanctioned by the North Carolina Pork Council?

I am certified to judge both KCBS and the NC Pork Council comps, but will stick with KCBS for this event (more fun and more variety!).

Looking forward to catching up with both of you AFTER the judging.

I have been competing in NC Pork Council competitions for several years and am also a certified NC Pork Council judge. I am considering doing some KCBS events. I enjoy that type of smoking. I wouldn't mind becoming a KCBS certified judge too.

I have been competing in NC Pork Council competitions for several years and am also a certified NC Pork Council judge. I am considering doing some KCBS events. I enjoy that type of smoking. I wouldn't mind becoming a KCBS certified judge too.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION!!!

Didn't mean to yell, but you have a GREAT chance to get your CBJ with KCBS NEXT month - February!

Cintact KCBS SOON to get registered for this training! It will only be offered ONE TIME in NC this year (didn't even offer CBJ training in NC last year).

February 19th in Lexington!!! I'll be there, as my wife is taking the training.

I hope you can make it!!! It would be good to meet you there! PLEASE let me know if you register.

Can't wait for this one!!!!! Gonna drop my application in the mail next week!!!! :p

Didn't mean to yell, but you have a GREAT chance to get your CBJ with KCBS NEXT month - February!

Cintact KCBS SOON to get registered for this training! It will only be offered ONE TIME in NC this year (didn't even offer CBJ training in NC last year).

I hope you can make it!!! It would be good to meet you there! PLEASE let me know if you register.

Thanks for the heads up! I have sent an email requesting information. I hope I can get in the class.

Hey Tom,

Glad you said that about the CBJ training, I am going have to sign up, just didn't have one close to me last year!! Love to meet ya.

I haven't decided on the whole hog yet, part of me wants to, and part of me tells to stick to KCBS.

Hey Tom,

Glad you said that about the CBJ training, I am going have to sign up, just didn't have one close to me last year!! Love to meet ya.

I haven't decided on the whole hog yet, part of me wants to, and part of me tells to stick to KCBS.

Whole hog cooking and judging (for the North Carolina Pork Council) is like an entirely different animal compared to KCBS or MBN comps. Having your pig "destroyed" right in front of you creates a strange sensation. You might have the best looking pig ever before the judges get there, and afterwards it is totally torn apart.
I've both cooked and judged for the NCPC and it is just different. Getting the skin golden and crispy while remaining flavorful is tricky.
It takes several (MANY) times to get everything just right, and then you get a pig that is either way big or way small and you have to adjust.
In a way, KCBS is easier than NCPC.

Looking forward to meeting you as well! Hopefully at the KCBS CBJ training in a couple weeks!

Okay, I have mailed my application. I look forward to meeting you there. I may already know you since you judge NCPC.

Ok, now that the sam's club schedule is out and I know you were all waiting for that cause I was, you can send your applications in for Edenton now. Look foward to seeing all of you there.

Back