View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #14
Scott_nra
Knows what a fatty is.

So more reading and studying makes me think..hmmmm. What If I cook up the butts the day before finishing them up in the evening before, wrapping in plastic and foil and keep them in a cooler until morning when they can go back on the grill? Or, what If I pulled it all the night before, placed in pans or containers, coolered hot or chilled until going back on the smoker in the am to reheat for serving?

The thing that keeps me coming back is the cost to serve 50-100 people BBQ from buts is a lot less expensive than the tail gate stuff by a few hundred bucks. I can use pre-prepared sides to keep it going pretty good and think I can reheat 30# - 50# pulled pork in foil covered pans on the offsets (Got two) in just a couple hours easily. If everything goes to he!! the day before I can still punt.

What do you think? Refrigerate it after cooking and for transport or let it hang out in a cooler still hot? Have a 120qt fishing cooler like new. It would be about 10 hours between going in the cooler and back on the grill.

I have an empty refrigerator working in the garage where I could put all the meat in however, before all that ever cools down it will be going in the cooler to transport to the event anyway. Don't you think?

Seems to me that a reheat to 160* and keep it there for at least 30 minutes before serving and I'm covered.

So? What do you think of that grand idea brethren?
Scott_nra is offline   Reply With Quote