Catching Drippings

jeffreywp1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
How much drippings do you think I will get out of 60# Prime Rib roast? In the past I cooked them on the char-griller and couldn't catch the drippings. I will be cooking on the low side and taking them all to medium rare with a hot finish for crust.

That going to be one big roast. But if you meant 6# I don't think very much. More like a coating in the pan and not a cup ful like a pork butt

I have several roast. 60# total.
10462819_10203237013439747_1510618159302145451_n.jpg

I always put a drip pan under mine with some beef broth, celery, carrots and onions. I also add some rub (lately it's been Dizzy Pig's "Raising the Steaks") - about two tbsp. I drain the fat and it makes a great broth for dipping.

Get a good deal on them, or just bit the bullet and paid up?

I always put a drip pan under mine with some beef broth, celery, carrots and onions. I also add some rub (lately it's been Dizzy Pig's "Raising the Steaks") - about two tbsp. I drain the fat and it makes a great broth for dipping.

Last time I cooked one and did this I actually had a couple of guys drink this stuff from the little ramekins I served it in.

I am pre making an aus jus from ox tail but want to add what I get out of the smoker. Should I still add stuff to the catch pan?

I am pre making an aus jus from ox tail but want to add what I get out of the smoker. Should I still add stuff to the catch pan?

I would add some broth at the very least just to keep my drippings from burning.

And since you have all that prime rib send me the oxtails when you're done making the au jus.

I would add some broth at the very least just to keep my drippings from burning.

And since you have all that prime rib send me the oxtails when you're done making the au jus.

The oxtails make for a very nice snack with carrots and onions in there.

Back