• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thighs and Hot Legs

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My poor old COS has seen its better days but can still produce some good Q..
Didnt get any fork pics because everybody snarfed them down.

Rubbed with EVO and then generously rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird.. For the legs I added red pepper to the plowboys. Farking fantastic.

Last edited:
Hey lookie folks, both thighs AND legs, every chunk is a little different and no muffin tin in sight! Now that's my kind of BBQ chicken! Fark the turn in box, put it on my plate!

Nice looking chicken man, did something very much like that myself yesterday! That's my go to "BBQ" when I don't have weekend time to prep something. Yardbird on legs & thighs, can't go wrong.

Those look top notch. I have yet to do anything with chicken. To be quite frank it terrifies me. Chicken can either be wonderful or awful.

Did you do indirect or direct? What temp did you go with?

Those look top notch. I have yet to do anything with chicken. To be quite frank it terrifies me. Chicken can either be wonderful or awful.

Did you do indirect or direct? What temp did you go with?

Indirect, about 300.. i like to go a little hot n fast

Chicken looks great, and yes that's one tired azz smoker! Looks like the firebox is about to fall off!:shock: Man if that thing could talk I bet it'd have some stories!

Chicken looks great, and yes that's one tired azz smoker! Looks like the firebox is about to fall off!:shock: Man if that thing could talk I bet it'd have some stories!

Yes, it could tell alot of stories

Superb cookout, Smokin! I relate to you... My old CharGriller has seen better days, too. But luv, luv, luv them cast iron grates.

^This

Chicken is too lean to benefit from low & slow, even the legs & thighs. I usually give them 30-40 minutes at 300-ish and then finish them off on the gasser to crisp the skin a bit.

I agree, although I like to do beer can chicken a lot where I take the grates out, build two nice piles of coals off to the sides and set the bird down on the fire grate between them. Gets the whole bird perfectly cooked, never dry, crispy skin like a rotisserie. :biggrin1:

That Chicken looks delicious btw... makin' me hungry!

Back