St. Louis area butcher/meat market

Here is my favorite in the St Louis area.
quality meats and extremely reasonable.
I am 3 minutes from Matekers and go by Kenrick's all the time
and yet this is the place I will go out of my way to go to

Herrell's Market in Imperial
1015 Main St, Imperial, MO 63052
636-464-3071

I live about 5 minutes from there and am I'm slightly ashamed I've never been because I hear nothing but great things.

I called a few places today
Herrell's - Select Packers and Flats
Kenrick's - Choice Packers and Flats
Straub's - Prime Flats
Restaurant Depot - Choice Packers and Flats
Sam's Kirkwood - Choice Flats

I always have good luck with the Sams in Maplewood having whole briskets. Always have a few to choose from 12-15lbs. I definetly want to check out Herrells.

I just got back from Sam's Chesterfield. They had one packer, and it looked good to me. 13lb, $2.48/lb, thick flat. I asked the guy if they had anymore, and he said no, but they get in a truck every day and might get in more tomorrow. He said if you call, they'll put one aside for you.

dmp

Try Coinko's in Granite City (pronounced Chunk-os). The best briskets I've ever made came from there. I ordered two flats, trimmed zero fat and wow we're they good.
I'll be coming back up in March and am picking up 4 to bring home to Oklahoma for competitions.

I went to Kenricks today and was told that briskets aren't graded select, choice or prime because they have so much natural marbling...

So, I didn't buy anything and went to the Kirkwood Sam's Club. One of their butchers was very helpful. They have packers in stock and he took my info so they could call me when they get some large packers in.

I usually find whole packers from Wal Mart. The only place down here that carries them. Costco in So. County has briskets IIRC.

Back