NYC BBQ Bash

P

Psmitty

Had a great time at the NYC BBQ Bash today. Met John Wheeler and Garry, Elaine and Leslie Roark of Ubon's BBQ. What can I say, I've got a soft spot for Mississippi BBQ...I spend about 25% of my life in Jackson, MS. If you're ever there you gotta have the Pork Wings at Smokehouse BBQ in Rankin County! I'll be enjoying lunch at Ubon's in Yazoo City on Tuesday.

They were all incredibly nice. John D. is the man, what else can be said (Memphis in May World Champion 2008). Garry and his family are what cooking and BBQ and good folks are all about. Chris Lilly was pulling and chopping his own butts in the Big Bob Gibson Rig.

It was really inspiring and the only place I would have rather been is in Yardley twerking out on my own. Congratulations to everyone that put their passion on the table!

Nice. Always mean to make it but never do. The ubon folks made me one of their famous prime rib sandwiches at memphis in may a couple years ago and I still can't get it out of my mind!

I'm sorry I missed you. I was there yesterday as well. I have to completely agree about the Ubons food. The sandwich was excellent. Was theirs the mustard sauce?

In spite of the horrific parking, I had a great time.

Did you happen to attend any of the lectures? They were handing out shooters of an avocado soup. It was amazing.

I'll be going again next year for sure.

Eric

Moto-

I did not get to any lectures. I left a little early so I could get my wife some chicken (nuthin but pork and beef at the bash). We took the train in from NJ so parking was no problem.

I really wanted to see Mike Mills on Saturday but had a conflict.

Smoke-
You had a pretty good weekend all the same I'm sure. Thanks for the prime rib sandwich heads up. That's what I'll have for lunch tomorrow.

Back