Kamado Restoration Project

Terry, great job! Awesome job! I love it when someone restores an old smoker that was very likely close to getting a ride to the dump.

Beautiful restoration. I've been looking for an old kamado for a couple of years - this one is unique and you did it up right. Can't wait to hear about your first cook.

Outstanding Terry, yes, I would like it in my backyard, if you could just arrange shipping, that would be great.

Man, that is cool. Looks awesome. Will be interesting to see how it cooks! You did a great job. Man I wish there were CL scores up here for smokers - but they're hard enough to find new let alone used....

Thanks everybody, I am pretty proud of how it came out. It must have come from the Orient as you need to be 4' 6" tall to cook on it as it is. :twisted:

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1457514 said:
Thanks everybody, I am pretty proud of how it came out. It must have come from the Orient as you need to be 4' 6" tall to cook on it as it is. :twisted:

That's funny! It's from Japan that's for sure, it looks just like mines as you posted in my "Show me your kamado" thread. I got some Japanese stampings on mines, it's probably the guy's signature who made them.

I just read through this and have to say "well done man." Only one question remains, "did you fire it up and how did it handle?" Hopefully well.

I just read through this and have to say "well done man." Only one question remains, "did you fire it up and how did it handle?" Hopefully well.

Thanks! I have not used it much but did do some wings right after I finished the restore. Some of the best I have ever done. Reminds me I need to get it fired up more often.

Wings

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1457036 said:
Would you want this in your backyard? Looking for a name for it too, Big Orange Egg just does not flow.
YES!!!
Tropicana sprang to mind then Orange Julius.:becky:

orange-julius-free-smoothie.jpg

Back