Amrican Barbecue Systems Smokers?

Good looking rigs don't know squat about them though.

I have seen in person at the Royal. Looks great to me. My main machine is my buddies 6 foot rotary that is awesome cooking machine. I love the rotary even cooking and not so much meat moving. The ABS seems to also incorporate my fav. patio cooking feature of the Goodone, that will also grill like Ruth Chris while smoking like a champ! If I ever want to expand I think it's the one. Just my 2c.

I stopped by American Barbecue Systems and talked with the folks for awhile. They seem to be well buildt. I've seen a few at comps and think I'd buy one. If the price was right.

I stopped by American Barbecue Systems and talked with the folks for awhile. They seem to be well buildt. I've seen a few at comps and think I'd buy one. If the price was right.

Speaking of that...what are the price points on the different ABS units?

You might want to also check out the good-one brand smokers from the ace of hearts bbq. It work off a convection type system by the way it's shaped. They come in different sizes from backyard to competition. I have the good-one rodeo and been using it for comps three years now.

I also think the Pit-Boss would work great on a trailer. I e-mailed them yesterday with price ifo and also asked if they ever considered making a pellet supplied digital controled unit.Will let you know what they respond with.
Ed

Yep my thinking too with the Pit Boss on a trailer. Roll in on and roll it off. Cook in the backyard and on site for comps and catering or even vending. Getting way ahead of myself with all that, but I can dream can't I?

Does anyone on this forum know anything about these cookers? Anyone have one? I really like the rotisserie feature. Any input is appreciated. For anyone who is interested here is a link to their web site. Thank you.

http://americanbbqsystems.com/Contact_Us.asp

I have seen them several times and they are very well built. Can't comment on how well they cook but the full length firebox, like a Goodone, and multiple dampners makes it seem like it should cook great.

Speaking of that...what are the price points on the different ABS units?
You would ask that:becky: You living close so you'll have to talk with a dealer, but me living in Iowa and know dealer around, seems like the Pit-Boss Rotisserie was over $2k but less then 3k, and the All Star was under $1k:confused:. It was more then a year ago. Seems like the Kansas City BBQ Store sold them, I like stopping by there.

The KC BQ store next to Oklahoma Joes does sell them. The All Star is right aroun $1,200. The others I can't quote but they look pretty.

A used All Star went on the KC Craigslist about a week ago for $600. I was considering it before I decided to stay married.

Got some info price wise. The Pit Boss Rotisserie retails for $2,995. It is made to take slide out shelves as an option so the brackets are installed. Without the rotisserie unit and just the slides outs, the cost retail is $2,295. It looks just like a clone of The Good One to my uneducated eyes. I do love rotisseries but am curious as to the cleanup of all that extra steel. I did send an email to the company and got a response back at 6:38 on Saturday night. From the president of the company. That certainly bodes well.

Fair Warning Im a dealer for them...I have an all star and a pit boss...I really love the way these are built and cook. I just sold my Judge to a trendy restaurant in LA. THe Pit Boss with the Rotis is my favorite.....I dont want to spam you guys...i am an approved vendor here...bigpoppasmokers.
But wanted you to know that they are very nice cookers and very unique.

Thanks for that Biffalo, they certainly do look nice in the photos and the rotis looks to be perfect for me in my early plans here. Couple questions for you. How easily do they roll on those 10" wheels? I'm thinking a low bed trailer with ramps so I can cook on location. Are they a bear to clean with all those moving parts? I assume the motors are 110 volt. Thanks.
Richard

On a steep trailer it is a little bit of a challenge...ok it's a bear.... if your ramp is gentle it is no prooblem. Clean up is easy, you take the racks out and clean them and the insides are pretty straight forward.

It uses a fair amount of charcoal but the results are fabulous!

Thats as straight as I can tell it!

Extremes my friend, extremes.
"All things in moderation.... ESPECIALLY moderation!":thumb:

I first saw the ABS pits a few years ago at the KCBS store in Olathe. I think that was my first real "Grill envy." They're really pretty machines, but when I compare them to the Good Ones, I have to say, I think The Good Ones are a little more sturdy. Though, I'd trade "sturdy" for rotisserie I think. There was a Pit Boss Rotisserie on St. Louis CL a few weeks ago for $2,400. I would have jumped on it, but I like being married....:roll:

At the Hazelwood, MO Comp. two weeks ago I saw a team (sorry, don't remember the name and didn't stop by to talk) that had three Pit Bosses running. I kept meaning to go over and talk to 'em about 'em, but was always running for water or ice or turn-ins or some such and never actually got around to it.:mad:

Back