• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Knife bag, knife roll? Recomendations?

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm in need of a nice handy bit of kit to transport my knives.

I already have a canvas roll type bag but I'm not happy with it and would rather have something two or three fold that looks/feels more organized and not a metal/plastic type hard case.

What are you guys using and can you offer some advice on selection?

The glitch in the system is the wife says I need to sell something if I want to buy one. I may have a work-around on that though.

I use this and it's well thought out and incredibly well built.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/ultimate-edge-evo-knife-bag.html

I don't actually transport my knives a lot, but if I did and really, really needed the case I already used, then I'd probably end up buying one of these because they're so beautiful and I love anything hand made.

http://www.leather-worker.com/

There's a lot of good choices here. I bought a cheap $25 Messermeister roll and I hated it so much I just gave it to my dad who did give it some use.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kniflugandac.html

Thanks Kyle the leather looks bad azz!

Thinking of something of good quality, not rolled and a little less expensive. It will need to fit into luggage keeping everything safe in and around it. The wife suggest trading one of my Thermapens for a case... Told her stick hers in a envelope for me. lol

I'm looking for a new one, my current case isn't long enough for my 14" blades.

What's the maximum length knife this will take? I looked at the website but couldn't find the dimensions.

I really doubt it'll accomodate a 14" blade, but I'll measure it for you and let you know!

Man... I feel pretty ghetto with my revamped toolbox. :heh: I keep my knives up top (lined with non slip foam drawer liner) and tongs and whatever else in the lower compartment... It's been working so far! :becky:

Cheers

Thanks Kyle the leather looks bad azz!

Thinking of something of good quality, not rolled and a little less expensive. It will need to fit into luggage keeping everything safe in and around it. The wife suggest trading one of my Thermapens for a case... Told her stick hers in a envelope for me. lol

I'm not a big fan of the rolls either. The Ultimate Edge case that I linked and the Koobi Kit are probably the best choices for a knife case (not roll). They're probably pricier than you want (I thought so too) but they're honestly very well built and worth the price. Most anything cheaper than these will be poorly designed rolls.

If you want to transport your sharp knives then you should buy the Ergo Professional Chef Knife bag. It provides safety to your knives. Protective and shoulder trap keep free your hands to carry the bag. It provides 13 pickets and one of beautiful and strong net pocket. You can carry your favorite different types and sizes knives.

Lol... yep another spammer.

Back