I hate hot dog buns

I can see that being dang tasty buttered and toasted. It's really not far off from wrapping hot dogs in Pillsbury's roll out croissant dough, which was pretty good as a kid. Nice one Fwismoker.

We are fans of flatbread dogs at home too.
We use sausage because our dogs are ghastly in this country.

I don't care for hot dogs either, unless I happen to find Nathan's in natural casings.
Sausage dogs are my preference also. With grilled sweet onions and chili and mustard.
Haven't found a good bun for them either. I'll have to give the croissants a try.

That is not a half bad idea. I will have to try it when I get a chance.

Excellent post and you are 100% right. Hotdog buns suck. I love your idea.

Good idea, will give that a go. We usually have those in the house anyway. Now that we got the bun figured out, where we gonna get a decent dog to put in it ???? That's the BIG question. Around here it is brats or homemade sausage, not a decent dog I have found yet. May have to make my own.

Can't wait til we get a Trader Joes.

You can get almost everything from Trader Joes if you have a smartphone.
I use an app called Paydragon, they sell mostly stuff from Trader Joes,
but they sell other food items as well. It is delivered to your door
in two days. Most things will probably be a bit more expensive than if you
went to the store and bought it. But, it is really convenient, and I can
buy Trader Joes Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil, 33.8oz. for $9.80 delivered
to my door. I can't buy olive oil at the store for that price.

Keep your eye open for them if you ever see them get them. They to me are the best hotdog buns.

Beefy good hot dog on croissant with onions and mustard....... just fantastic! Gotta try the croissant idea, thanks Keith!

The croissant is a great idea. Even brand name hot dog buns can be a little dry and also have a lot more mass/density than I want. I have this thing where I don't like a really dense or "bready" bun on any of my dogs, burgers, sandwiches. So that croissant would be a perfect ratio of bread to meat for me :becky:.

I rarely use a bun unless its bought from a vendor. at home it has always been a slice of white bread. now I alternate with a lightly fried corn tortilla. yummo.
mayo and mustard are a must. they need nothing else.

I looked and the closest Martin's potato rolls are in Gastonia.....75 miles away.:mad:

I usually can get her excited about food destinations but 75 miles for store bought potato rolls will stretch even my otherworldly powers of persuasion.:heh::heh:

Back