Chicken practice

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Did some chicken practice tonite. Sauce was my variable. Below are two pics. Which one looks the best to you?

20130225_192412.jpg

20130225_192649.jpg

I like the center one. Sauce on the right looks to thick to me. Sauce on the left looks a bit dark.

The sauce differs between the two pics. The 3 at the top have the same sauce. The 3 at the bottom have a different sauce

The sauce differs between the two pics. The 3 at the top have the same sauce. The 3 at the bottom have a different sauce

my bad. When I looked the first time there was only one photo showing.

I see em both now. Top wins in my eye. But, apparently my eyes see differences where there aren't any :oops:

Out of the pics I like the top. Do you sauce that way for comp turn in or do you put it bak on the smoker to set more??

I would be curious as to which you liked better. The top one looks better to me as far as the sauce. The bottom ones look more uniform, and more "manufactured perfect", if that makes sense. Did you use a different technique in preparing them, other than the sauce?

Both are too dark and over sauced for me but would go with top if I had to choose. I like a thinner, lighter sauce on chicken. Here's a plate I cooked the day before yesterday.

IMG_0287_zps6f9e8095.jpg

They were both cooked the same way at the same time. The bottom sauce was thicker, smokier mostly mild with a little kick on the back end. The top one was thinner but popped as soon as you bit it. Mrs. Mista and I both liked the top one also.

Last edited:
Back