Favorite Rubs

C

cowboynate45

I'm lookin to start experimenting with different pork and brisket rubs so I thought I'd give a shout out to see what some of yalls favorite rubs were.

I like the dirty dalmatian rub on just about everything but sometimes I like to use John Henry's pecan rub on butt's and ribs, a mixture of dirty D and pecan rub is a good mix too. I felt Like I got tired of all the commercial rubs after awhile and came back to Texas tradition of just salt and pepper until I made a batch of dirty D (K salt, course B pepper, salt free lemon pepper). Good luck brotha welcome to the party:thumb:

All of the Big Poppa and Simply Marvelous rubs.

I used to use Plowboys in 5 Lb, but have found comfort in Razorback Rub from http://rivercityspice.com

I can get 20 lbs of Razorback for what I paid for each 5 Lb bag of Plowboys. So now I order 2) 25 Lb boxes at a time. When you use a lot, a 75% reduction in cost adds up quickly.

The Slabs Wow Up Your Cow. It's the only rub that I buy. I make my own for ribs butts and chicken.

I'm lookin to start experimenting with different pork and brisket rubs so I thought I'd give a shout out to see what some of yalls favorite rubs were.

I basically keep the same rub - a Texas rub - S&P & granulated garlic. I wanna be able to taste the meat not the rub as the main flavor.

We really like Dizzy Pig. We have a place around here called Chili's Fire Pit. He makes his own rubs and we really like those, plus he carries rubs and sauces from all over the world. Maybe some of you guys that sell your rubs should contact him and see if he'll carry your items!

myron's rubs are great, Ive started making my own now and its working good for me

+1 for simply marvelous. Cherry and sweet seduction are my favorites so far.

--Mike

Simply Marevlous Cherry and Peppered Cow, Slap Your Daddy hot, and Plowboys Bolvine Bold.

Back