Help Big Mista Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keeping my original donation on kickstater in case it makes it to 30k and I upped my donation on gofundme as the first one.

Hope everyone else can do the same!

Sounds good, I will keep bumping and pushing donatations to help you guys!

Same here, no stopping now!!!

Folks I'm not sure if you know but Bigmista is a founding member of this forum, yeah he's been here from the beginning. Just like Spicewine who started this thread.
If it weren't for these guys and the others in purple there may not be the place we all enjoy and learn from.
Can't forget Phil, our Grand Poobah, but these are the guys who helped him through the tough times. And doing this for Bigmista and MrsMista is just like a thank you for all they've done here.
Neil is also a BIG promoter of the Brethren, as well as a supporter.

So let's help them get their dream become reality :thumb:

My offer of the drawing for the 4 Simply Marvelous rubs, your choice, is for anyone who donates to the new site as well. Just letting you know, by donating to this cause until the end of the month, yes I'm extending the drawing date, you will be in the drawing for these rubs.

With the change of program from Kickstarter to GoFundMe there are some similarities, but also some important differences.

1) Kickstarter worked on an "all or nothing" business model, which means that if there was $29,999.99 pledged (or less} as of 2/21/14 at 9:38am PST, the entire project will have been cancelled with none of the pledges going towards Bigmista's business

2) Kickstarter would not charge your credit card unless the project met the $30,000.00 goal by 2/21/14 at 9:38am PST. If the project was successful, and you weren't paying attention, you might have had an unexpected charge on your account on the 21st. In addition, when pledging, you are hoping that your financial situation doesn't change before the 21st, or at a minimum need to "hold" the pledged funds in your account until the project finished

3) GoFundMe doesn't work on a "pledge" business model, but instead, is a donation service. Neil and Phyllis are able to use the donated monies as needed, either by allowing them to grown in the GoFundMe account, or to withdraw them in whatever amount is required. They do not have to wait until 30 - 60 days for an "all or nothing" outcome, and their supporters know that whatever they are donating WILL be benefiting the new restaurant

4) As GoFundMe accepts "donations" instead of pledges, the supporters are able to give money when they are able to afford it. During the Kickstarter campaign I read many people refer to making a pledge because it was payday - but in reality, it might not have been payday when the actual transaction took place. Now, we are able to donate the money when we have it. In addition, there is even an option to schedule donations on a recurring basis!

and most importantly...

5) As there is no funding deadline, there will be no more DUBBAGA 5am Kickstarter updates :clap2:

... as GoFundMe is going to be dealing with "real money" and "real time" donations, we shouldn't be surprised or concerned to see the funding totals increase at a slower pace than Kickstarter. But every $$$ that has been donated, will be directly going to benefit Bigmista/MrsMista reach their goal

... how I wish that I had 5k to donate, as that could be the start of my restaurant empire (at least a minority ownership stake in one) - instead of the Shark Tank, would this be considered the Pig Trough???

http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc

As there is no funding deadline, there will be no more DUBBAGA 5am Kickstarter updates :clap2:

Nope but here's a Diesel bump for the morning :laugh:

Thanks Rookie48!!!

update: as of 5:54am I am not doing a Kickstarter update, and with my free time I am again thinking about the pig candy pancakes that Bigmista is going to be serving at his restaurant.

This caused me to fire up the Google machine to search for them, and look what I found

I needed some energy to go deliver these birds so I made some pig candy pancakes. (camera died before I got to the finished product).

IMG_20101124_092607.jpg

So Bigmista, did you ever get the Escalade fixed? :p

I just want to be clear - Will the donation I made on Kickstarter be erased, or do I need to do something there? I'll go over to the GoFundMe site and donate - want to make sure I'm giving Big Mista some money!

Hi JJ,

MrsMista yesterday said to remove your pledge to Kickstarter if you desire (as if some miracle happens and it hits 30k, it would then charge your card) before going to GoFundMe. If (and that is a 99.9% likely "if") Kickstarter doesn't fund, then all of the pledges are cancelled, and nothing is charged.

Thank you for helping Bigmista/MrsMista

Hi JJ,

MrsMista yesterday said to remove your pledge to Kickstarter if you desire (as if some miracle happens and it hits 30k, it would then charge your card) before going to GoFundMe. If (and that is a 99.9% likely "if") Kickstarter doesn't fund, then all of the pledges are cancelled, and nothing is charged.

Thank you for helping Bigmista/MrsMista

So how do I remove my pledge on Kickstarter? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back