Beer BBQ Sauce

yelonutz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is a home brewer. He gave me some really good ale the other day. I would like to make him some BBQ sauce with his home brew in it. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. John.

Do you already have your own sauce recipe?

I started adding my own home brew to my sauce recently. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of cider vinegar. So I cut that in half and added beer for the rest, so there is still 1/2 cup of liquid. Otherwise, I think there might be too much liquid and it would be too runny. Still experimenting though...:wink:

A good friend of mine is a home brewer. He gave me some really good ale the other day. I would like to make him some BBQ sauce with his home brew in it. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. John.

Hey, I like a good BBQ sauce as much as the next guy ... but a homebrew ale is more than an art, it's also ... well damn fine beer. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Can't ya just go get some hops, boil em up and throw them in some Kraft?:biggrin:

I don't have a specific recipe for you, but I just thought I'd disagree with the earlier posts. I think it is nice you want to find a sauce that complements the brew you were given.

The food we cook is , fundamentally, driven by the ingredients. I see no reason not to use good brew (or dry spice, fruit, fresh vegetable, etc) in a sauce.

i agree with G$ just like those folks that use wine in chocolate or in sauces for dishes. same type of thing. Might try just substituting the beer in for the vinegar like Ct said. Im not much of a sauce maker myself. i normally finda recipe i like in a book and tweak it. but would like to hear how this one turns out.

I'll post the results if they are worth it but I ain't using no light beer. It's like kissin your sister!

Keep in mind some of us have been drinking. IT'S FRIDAY EVENING, err night.:biggrin:

I'll post the results if they are worth it but I ain't using no light beer. It's like kissin your sister!

Well, most of the guys around here say there ain't nuthin "light" about kissin' yer sister!

Try this...1 cup KC Masterpiece Original + 1/4 - 1/2 cup homebrew. You'd be surprised how a little brew can improve a good recipe...and a bad attitude! LOL! :icon_wink

Back