Canada - Newbie - Wood Chunks

Instagator

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hey

Decided to take a stab at smoking meat!
I bought a ECB (More like ECMaster Forge Smoker 20.25-in)

In the process of modifying it but I'm waiting for certain parts to come in.

In any case, where would I find quality Wood Chunks? I did a search (YEAH I DID!!!) but found nothing for Canada... So, Where do you guys buy chunks in Canada?

On a side note, First thread! woot.

Last edited:
Where in Canada are you? As mentioned mos tthe major retailers, Canadian Tire, BBQS Galore, Ontario Gas, Capital Appliances, Home Hardware, etc.

A lot of the local specialty fireplace/bbq shops should also stock them.

Or you can check kijiji for local advertised fruit wood (firewood).

Bought the smoker at Lowes Canada. I checked Home Depot and Lowes and they did have CHIPS and not chunks. I have found however one bag of WEBER chunks *it looked opened and missing a few - Can't remember which type of wood it was* - Priced at 9.99

Was just wondering where everybody else was picking up their wood.

Thanks for the links smokinjohn! I'll take a look at those two sites. Thanks again! (is the only search available the one provided by google?)
I Live in the GTA (stouffville to be exact) Ontario.

First off - welcome!! Nice to have another Cana'jun on board. You'll learn tons here.

Some Walmarts carry Hickory and Mesquite Chunks, as well as a wider variety of chips. Both Ontario Gas BBQ in Vaughan( www.bbqs.com ) and Sobie's in North York ( www.sobies.com ) have wood chunks.

BBQ Beaver's suggestion about kijiji is also good - I've bought apple chunks and splits from kijiji.

Cheers,
Matt

Bought the smoker at Lowes Canada. I checked Home Depot and Lowes and they did have CHIPS and not chunks. I have found however one bag of WEBER chunks *it looked opened and missing a few - Can't remember which type of wood it was* - Priced at 9.99

Was just wondering where everybody else was picking up their wood.

Thanks for the links smokinjohn! I'll take a look at those two sites. Thanks again! (is the only search available the one provided by google?)
I Live in the GTA (stouffville to be exact) Ontario.

I did search on google (and verified on Bing and Yahoo) for these keywords:

smoking woods canada

You could also call a local orchard to see if they have any trimmings left over. Or call a local tree trimmer/arborist. Or "help" a few of the neighbors "clean up" some of their fallen branches (you will have to do your own species identification)

Just thought I would say WELCOME! Don't forget to look at pool and patio type stores, they often carry high end cookers and a variety of chips & chunks.

Out west here Walmart just started carrying a small supply of chunks this season. I have a local weber dealer that has chunks in stock but I've looked into smokinlicious and that's a good deal for chunks, just haven't gotten around to trying them yet. CT, HD and the like out here aren't carrying chunks yet.

Back