• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's cooking for ST Patric's Day?

Ill let you guys connect the dots
370BD63C-78E0-49D6-8A54-C074B17275D5-9306-0000072926BF160E_zpsdfde6980.jpg

Hmmmmmm, Let me see.............You're goona smoke some butcher paper and wrap it in brisket? After several green beers of course:biggrin1:.

Corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread. The one day the grill isn't going to be used :icon_frow:cry: Cooking the corned beef as usual in Guiness and the cabbage will simmer in hard cider and sugar.

Cook one the day before for cold sandwiches on rye and the other the day of for a hot plate. Can never have too much corned beef leftovers! Love this time of year!

Pork butts. Lots of pork butts.
And probably some chickens too.
Oh, and a bunch of fish.
Maybe a brisket too.

YEAH BABY!

Happy St. Patty's Day Brethren!

Traditional corned beef and cabbage carrots and turnip boiled dinner, and Jameson's Irish Whiskey. Monday I'll make hash.

Corned beef and cabbage cooking right now. Guiness ready in the fridge. Also making Colcannon which is new for us.

My wife and I took a two hour "Irish home cooking" class from an irish chef yesterday at our local library. Our library has a guest chef give a free two hour cooking lesson every month. I've only made a couple classes, but so far I've been impressed. The chef from yesterday actually owns a offset smoker and offered to do a two day bbq class this summer, but the woman in charge of the library nixed the idea.

He made a bunch of stuff I never heard of but it was all great.
From now on instead of mashed potatoes I'm making Colcannon. Basically it's mashed potatoes with cabbage and onion in it. The cabbage and onions are boiled in the water with the potatoes then drain, add butter, milk, salt and pepper to taste, and mash with a power mixer.

Goes great with beef sausage which was his version of sausage and Colcannon (AKA bangars and mash)

Chris

Last edited:
My wife is boiling up some corned beef and cabbage upstairs. Sorry, no BBQ but it is tasty!

I am getting farked up downstairs.

What better way to spend St. Patrick's day? :razz:
20130317173855.jpg

Pork butts. Lots of pork butts.
And probably some chickens too.
Oh, and a bunch of fish.
Maybe a brisket too.

YEAH BABY!

Happy St. Patty's Day Brethren!

You cooking for the whole church again Wampas? !!!

I just pulled two small corned beef points off the smoker and put a pan of potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips and onions on. Going to let those go for 45 minutes o so then add back the corned beef with some beef broth and beer.

Back