• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Want some quick q ideas

pal251

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have not had the chance to do any bbq or smoking in quite some time. Supposed to be nice outside tommorrow and I want to take advantage of it.

I can pickup anything neccessary in the morning and cook it but I would like something less than 4 hours or so. Any ideas?

I have cooked plenty of pork butt/picnics lately and I want to try something different. I have only did one turkey but no time to do a brine on it.

I was thinking maybe ribs or a beef chuck roast with some vegtables for dinner for the wife and I

Fatty, always the first thing to consider. Baby backs if you run them hotter, around 300F, will get there.

So will a small chuck steak, you smoke for a couple of hours at 300F, then into a pan, with some liquid and aromatics, seal with foil and put the spurs to it, 350F for 2 hours or so.

Meatloaf!

Quick and easy, and smoked meatloaf rocks.

I do a 50/50 mix of gound chuck and ground pork, with one egg per pound of meat, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs per pound of meat, some diced onions and some Italian herbs and black pepper for my mix.

i don't use a pan -- I put my loaf right on the smoker grate.

It takes a little over an hour to cook at 250 on my Mini-WSM.

CD

Ribs cooked at 270=300 will get there in 4 hrs. or less, pork loin, chix, etc. but that meatloaf CD is talking about sounds great.

Another vote for meatloaf, or a small ham, Turkey breast, Ribs, Mac & cheese

So will a small chuck steak, you smoke for a couple of hours at 300F, then into a pan, with some liquid and aromatics, seal with foil and put the spurs to it, 350F for 2 hours or so.

Like a beef chuck roast?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Another vote for meatloaf. Chicken os fast, too.

But... You have to cook a naked fatty.

Any ideas on an easy fatty?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Smoked meatloaf :thumb: FTW!

I did one when I first started Bbq-ing. Best meatloaf I've ever had.

how about some stuffed bell peppers or mushrooms

Weber-Jumbo-Joe-Turkey.jpg

Turkey Necks!!

Peameal bacon......precured. Get the wet kind that is not precooked. Pillers makes one that is parcooked, don't get that one. Dry the slab of pork with paper towels....

2q8ohup.jpg

then rub with paprika and chipolte powder......

21mt21c.jpg

Smoke for a couple to 3 hours and when your temp hits about 140f pull, slice, grill and serve on hamburger buns. I have used the bacon in Eggs Benedict and loved it....so does the wife:

33k4x8m.jpg

Pulling at 140f leaves plenty of moisture so grilling or frying in a pan right away or after time in the fridge will not dry it out. I have had some of this back bacon after it has been smoked and in the fridge for 6 days....still de-e-e--e-liscious.

Meatloaf!

Quick and easy, and smoked meatloaf rocks.

I do a 50/50 mix of gound chuck and ground pork, with one egg per pound of meat, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs per pound of meat, some diced onions and some Italian herbs and black pepper for my mix.

i don't use a pan -- I put my loaf right on the smoker grate.

It takes a little over an hour to cook at 250 on my Mini-WSM.

CD

Bought the supplies for that. I will make it and throw it into the fridge tonight....

I couldn't find any bread crumbs...do they sell that in the store or that something you make in your oven with uhmmm bread?

Yep +1. You can't get any easier than a naked fatty. Unwrap sausage, smoke it.

Smoked meatloaf is good, too, if nobody has mentioned that. :becky:

CD

I bought two sausage rolls. One Jimmy Dean maple roll and another kroger brand sage roll.

Going to do both tomorrow with my smoked meat loaf

Back