c'mon man!!

rgrizzle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok I just saw an advertisement for Oscar Meyer pulled pork really ? Now discuss.

I saw some in the store yesterday. Looks aweful. Almost looked like wet chunks of jerky.

We miss out on so much here in The Great White North.

I yearn for a land where I can open a vacuum-sealed packet of gluey pulled pork, without the bother of que'ing a delicious home-made shoulder for 8 to 12 hrs.

Kidding - we have lots of packaged cr** up here too. When I weaken and eat it, I feel used - and dirty.

Well it ain't nothing new. James River sold canned in the 60's, Castleberry still sells canned. Jack Danial's even sells it now too. As unappealing as it is, I surprised it took ole Oscar this long to jump on the bandwagon.

If I can't have Lloyd's (Hormel) BBQ (also available at your local Walmart), then I don't want any of those commercially packaged divine morsels of goodness. Well, maybe a McRib...

As sad as it is, they wouldnt market it without a demand. Some poor shmuck is actually supporting this blasphemy! :twitch:

Yep. Brad Orrison, owner of the shed BBQ, was pushing it. Why would you push fake BBQ when you own BBQ restaurants? Then again maybe he doesn't know good BBQ. I've eaten at the one in Ocean Springs. The wife said I had'em beat! Anyway, I digress.......

i suppose there is a market for it. as hard as it is to believe, there are many folks out there that don't q. me, i would rather do without unless i do it myself.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfarker. :clap2:

I seen a how its made on foodnetwork and ever since i wanted to give his side ribs a shot. Manly because ive never seem that many ribs cooked in one shot in a smoker. He can do 800 in a shot. Its an electric/wood chunk smoker he used.

Look at the mahogany lining. When BBQ has become so popular that Oscar-Meyer is jumping on the wagon, and Bobby Flay has a BBQ cookbook coming out this spring, you know that the tide that raises all (BBQ) ships has officialy rolled in.

I'm seeing huge interest even in my world.

Just one man's perspective...

John

Back