Leftover turkey......what's YOUR favorite recipes?

After not getting enough turkey this week I took a package of some from the freezer. It was very moist and had some fat in there. Just mixed it with a little head country and holy, holy crap I cannot believe how good that was.

:shock: :-D

Just put 3 lbs of Turkey into the freezer. 1st winter storm will be Turkey Brunswick Stew!

Crispy turkey tacos
Turkey sammich on fresh baked french bread with pesto

Leftover turkey gumbo. I made some last year and won a throwdown with it. :bow:

I plan to make a batch this week.

picture.php

CD

Well, I presume you mean after you have it as the main meat in a dinner. We save it in slices as BBQ just like pork and put it in the freezer for later. I always take all of the uneaten (after the first meal) skin, neck, wing tips, meat trimmings, bones and other stuff and make smoked turkey stock. You can use the stock to make soup or I prefer beans and rice with smoked sausage. The stock makes all of your savory meals needing liquid much more flavorful.

It is a family tradition to make turkey tacos the next day. We even throw in an extra turkey into the pit to make sure we have enough left over.

Smoked turkey carcasses always end up in 15 bean soup (Ham bone Soup) at our place.:thumb:
Regards,
Steve

We like to make turnover style pies - pilsbury crescent dough rolled thin and stuffed with everything - use more gravy that you think you need and brush the tops with egg wash for a nice look

My perfect turkey sandwich!

Thick cut bacon cooked on the pellet grill @325 till crisP.
Make a spread consisting of 1 tsp of adobo sauce, 1 cup dukes mayo,1 cup goat cheese, 1 tbs finely chopped fresh sage, juice from 1/2 lemon, stir together and spread on the sandwich. Take the turkey meat and season with a little blacken season and sear quickly in a pan. Assemble with bacon, some butter lettuce and fresh garden tomato slices!!! Oh boy!
I know what I'm eatin tonight! This is a stick to your ribs kinda sandwich!

put another one down for turkey gumbo

in fact, turkey gumbo is about the only reason i cook the turkey :-D

I guess I didn't cook a big enough bird. 10lbs for the 2 of us, and we really don't have all that many leftovers. We did open faced sandwiches once, and will likely do the stuffed fatty that I saw here the other day. At that point, we will be about out. Some scraps left for the dog, but I'm looking at maybe one more sandwich? Guess I need to get another one to cook!

I take that back. There was a lot more left than I thought! We did a fatty out of all the leftovers yesterday. Tonight I made up a pot pie using a lot of them. There is still enough left for a few classic sandwiches, so we are sitting pretty! The pot pie with turkey gravy and sweet potatoes was killer.

Back