Dr.Chicken's Sweet Kiss of Death Injectable?

BMantlow

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Newbie, don't know if this is the right forum or not to post this. Trying to make this injection but can't find any Butter Pecan Extract in any local grocery stores, tried Kroger, Ingles, Publix and Wallyworld, any suggestions or substitutions?

Commercial bakery supply places, some Amish supply places or candy suppliers. That is where I'd start. Good luck. Steve.

Good luck and yeah, this was the right place to put this. :)

Watkins Extracts distributor or online at Watkins Extracts. KCJ Vanilla also carries a pecan flavored extract and a butter flavored extract. I purchase these online and use half of each to make my butter pecan extract. Works well.

I made this up last night for our New Year's Eve ham.
I also couldn't find any butter pecan extract, I even went to our local hoighty toighty baking supply store and came up empty. I decided to use maple extract instead since there is maple in the glaze. I went with a direct substitution, same amount of maple as was called for with the butter pecan.
The finished injection tasted good to me. We shall see how it all turns out tomorrow.

I couldn't find it locally either, so I used butter pecan syrup instead and my ham came out fan farkin' tastic :)

I've never heard of this injection. Can ya help a brother out?

Sorry, though, I've got no info on the Extract, but sounds like the others have good ideas.

I actually made this not so long ago. I also coudn't find butter pecan extract. So I substituted BUTTER. It was amazing! The glaze was the left over injection with brown sugar and pineapple juice reduce by half with cloves and mustard powder as well. Best ham ever.

the system won't let me in to read this post. Could someone copy and paste it here.

I couldn't find it locally either, so I used butter pecan syrup instead and my ham came out fan farkin' tastic :)

What a cowinkydink. I did the same substitution on Christmas day and the ham was awesome.

You are going to think I am stupid but my pharmacy has this extract stuff right up by the wwhere you pay. Don't know it everywhere is like this but mine is. Seems weird but it is the truth.

If all else fails, Almond Extract will be a good substitute. And it is widely available.

I buy it from a Watkins Products distributor. Good stuff!

Thanks guys for all the responses and suggestions. I googled the Watkins Brand and seems all the sites I came up with said that flavor was "Temporarily Unavailable" or "Discontinued" I did find the "Spicebarn" brand as suggested and "Silver Cloud" brand which I would have to order either one. I guess I'll order a bottle and try this recipe at a later date.

Thanks

Back