Lodge hibachi style

Richard_

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
these look fun , any owners here ?
L410.jpg

They are great. Everything from appetizers to a complete meal for two. Got mine at Academy Sporting Goods

I'm generally happy with mine. The CI grate is awesome and I even use it on my Webers when I'm grilling.

Since rwalter's thread I painted mine inside and out (except the grates and bail) with 2000°F Rustoleum. That's quite a process. After the paint dries, it has to be cured in stages with a half hour each at 250°F, 400°F and 600°F with cooling in between. I did the first two stages in the oven (when SWMBO was not home :wink:) and the third on my Weber gasser. With the gasser going on high for long enough, it was just shy of 600°F. After that I did a burn out with as much charcoal I could fit and the draft door open. The shell went over the high range on my IR thermometer so it must have been over 700°F. The paint showed not a mark from the temperature and with no noticeable odors I'm confident it will withstand the heat from normal cooking. Time will tell if it prevents further rust. It doesn't have that nice shiny patina that the Lodge seasoning had, but this coating is already more durable than the Lodge seasoning.

DSC_6141-PP.JPG

i got one looong ago on sale at wal mart for $25.
i've used it a few times and i like it but i find the weber charcoal
go anywhere to be much much better. i do use the ci grate on my ga
though at times. unless you are really into lodge or cooking on ci, i would
pass until i found one cheap on cl or at yard sales.

there's one on the raleigh craigslist for anyone looking. They guy wants a little much for it imo.

I like it. I need one. Well I don't need one, but I want one.....therefore I will get one. And then I will have what I don't need but want and then will use it to cook what I want.......Like Steak.......Thanks

Back