• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Austin Rodeo BBQ Cookoff

luke duke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again. Come by the BMF Cooks tent and have a great time. Our tent is open to the public. Last year we placed in just about every category, we were the 4th highest fundraiser and we won one of the 3 hospitality awards.

BMF%202010%20small.jpg

2007 thread from another forum
2008 thread from another forum
2009 thread from another forum

Anyone interested in becoming a sponsor can visit our website or download this form. All donations are 100% tax-deductible.

Hmmmmmmmm

I think I still have frostbite and a hangover from doing that in a previous decade.

As a side note, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen's husband Brady Smith did all of the artwork for us. One of the guys on the team went to high school with him. Unfortunately, Tiffani has never made an appearance at the cookoff.

:rolleyes:HMMMM...I happen to be in Austin that weekend. I wonder if anyone might have an extra cooker laying around.:icon_devil

No extra cooker, but you're welcome to come and hang out in our tent.

Thanks for the offer. I do believe I will stop in. Got an email from the organizer saying it was full anyway. Gives me a reason to do it next year while at SXSW. How is the event run? Similar to the HLSR?

It's only about 10% the size of the HLSR. ICBA rules. Brisket, ribs, yard bird, beans, jackpot and bloody marys.

BMF Cooks took 2nd and 9th in brisket out of 62 entries. No other calls.

Back