Smoked Turkey Stew?

akoda

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I still have some turkey leftover in the freezer and was pondering making a soup/stew out of it. Thinking onions, celery, celeriac (instead of potatoes), herbs, turkey

Anyone done one already and have a recipe of something similar?

I did a turkey & dumpling with our left overs. Pulled and cubed the remaining meat and made a stock with the rest of the carcass, some left over celery stalks and onions. Skimmed the fat and added a bag of frozen corn and frozen peas, along with the turkey meat that I pulled from the carcass. Seasoned to taste and dropped in some Bisquik dumplings once it hit a boil again.

First time in years we haven't thrown out turkey.

I sautee the usual onion, carrot and celery then throw in the carcass and water to make a stock for about 30 minutes. Then remove and pick clean the carcass add extra meat, a couple cans of diced tomatoes, kidney beans and spinach. Then throw in a bag of frozen tortellini at the end. I'd tell you what I season it with, but I usually wing it. S&P, garlic, cumin, probably some italian seasoning. My brother in law fried the turkey this year and I threw the carcass on the smoker while I had it going for about half an hour and it made a huge difference.

Back