BBQr's Delight wood pellets

Candy Sue

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If you are looking for wood pellets for fuel or wood pellets for flavor, BBQr's Delight has all wood, food-grade pellets for every BBQ use.

hi candy, i have used your pellets in your iron pot in my WSM with good results.

very "smooth" smoke flavor.

but i cook hot and fast and in that enviornment the pellets burn out pretty quick so i was looking to use the smoke stix.

can you offer a suggestion as to how i could get sustained smoke?

i would like to use a mix of the stix.

thanks for your thoughts!

hi candy, i have used your pellets in your iron pot in my WSM with good results.

very "smooth" smoke flavor.

but i cook hot and fast and in that enviornment the pellets burn out pretty quick so i was looking to use the smoke stix.

can you offer a suggestion as to how i could get sustained smoke?

i would like to use a mix of the stix.

thanks for your thoughts!

When I use my WSM on brisket or pork butts, I'll make 3 packets of pellets with a toothpick hole in each and fill the cast iron pot half full. I bury 2 packets of pellets in the unlit charcoal in different places. I put the cast iron pot right in front of the door. When the lit charcoal goes in, the last pellet packet goes right on top. Plenty of smoke for the entire cook this way!

http://www.bbqrsdelight.com

hi candy, thanks for your thoughts.
while i do minion method with lump, it pretty much a raging inferno down there cooking hot and fast. not much unlit coal really, to bury packets in. i also don't want to make 'em.
i was looking for suggestions on a conatiner for the smoke stix and thoughts on wether or not it'll burn just as quick in the high heat enviornment.

would the often seen/sold cast iron smoker box work for like 3 chunks for at least an hour or 2 do you think?

i don't mind refueling, but every 1/2 hour is too often.

i'm gonna try it out either way, just picking your brain...

hi candy, thanks for your thoughts.
while i do minion method with lump, it pretty much a raging inferno down there cooking hot and fast. not much unlit coal really, to bury packets in. i also don't want to make 'em.
i was looking for suggestions on a conatiner for the smoke stix and thoughts on wether or not it'll burn just as quick in the high heat enviornment.

would the often seen/sold cast iron smoker box work for like 3 chunks for at least an hour or 2 do you think?

i don't mind refueling, but every 1/2 hour is too often.

i'm gonna try it out either way, just picking your brain...
A 2 inch piece of smoke stix will fit in the cast iron pot perfectly. It should smolder in there for at least 3-4 hours. I use a piece that size in my FEC100 hanging over the firepot in an open, stainless steel 1 cup measurer. I would use the lid on the smoke box though.

Back