• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A trip to the butcher (or "why my back hurts")

I expected to see a few full shopping bags not an entire freezer full of Meat.
WOW...... Enjoy your cooking times over the winter and beyond.

It's also great to read about families taking care of each other.

Now if you have a family member that raises hogs, you are set. HEHE

My brother in law manages a massive hog farm that ships multiple semi loads of finished animals to slaughter per week. I want to say the head count is over a thousand per week. Unfortunately, having grown up on a beef farm, my wife never developed a taste for pork. I'm training her on it though, right now there's 3 shoulders on the bottom rack of my smoker and two brisket flats and a sirloin tip roast that I corned all week from our beef being smoked into pastrami. I like my pastrami on the peppery side, so it looks like my better half may be stuck with with pulled pork for supper since she doesn't do spicy!

Wowwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's awesome!

Just curious, how much is the butcher fee for an entire cow?

Just playing devils advocate here....but do you have back-up power in case the electricity goes out?
Cause that would be a shame if........

Wowwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's awesome!

Just curious, how much is the butcher fee for an entire cow?

Just playing devils advocate here....but do you have back-up power in case the electricity goes out?
Cause that would be a shame if........

$411 this time around. The back up plan for a long term power loss is a chitload of Webers, a huge pressure canner, and insurance......

Wow, now you just need charcoal to go on sale so you can load up. I know I'd be the most popular guy on my culdesac if my freezer looked like that...

$411 this time around. The back up plan for a long term power loss is a chitload of Webers, a huge pressure canner, and insurance......

Four hundred dollars!?!? Wow, that's a steal! I'm envious. Big time.
Just a heads-up though....Last time I checked, food that's in my fridge isn't covered.

Previously, on "Why My Back Hurts"

500# in the freezers of pasture-raised, grassfed, heritage bloodline Hereford. No hormones or bulking feeds, just pure beefy goodness!

And tonight's episode...

82.2 cents a pound. :shock:

Back