• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ribs with Mac & Cheese

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
20111009_Ribs_178.JPG

I picked up a couple racks of pork spares on sale recently and tossed them in the freezer. I thawed these out and cut them down...

20111009_Ribs_179.JPG

Added a healthy dusting of my own pork rub...

20111009_Ribs_180.JPG

Fired up the drum to 225° and tossed the ribs on. I cooked these at about 250° mostly because that's where the drum settled in...

20111009_Ribs_181.JPG

Later in the afternoon I prepared a dish of Mac & Cheese and tossed it on the mini-wsm...

20111009_Ribs_183.JPG

Farkin awesome stuff too... Smoked with apple wood...

20111009_Ribs_184.JPG

Pulled the ribs off after about 5.5 hours... these aren't the best ribs I have ever cooked but they were good....

20111009_Ribs_185.JPG

I cut them down to singles...

20111009_Ribs_186.JPG

Served with some yeast rolls.... This was the highlight of my day since the Panthers lost another one...

Nicely done! Your food looks delicious. Is that ham in your mac and cheese? Sorry about your Panthers but if they one I bet your plate would still be your highlight. :thumb:

Nicely done! Your food looks delicious. Is that ham in your mac and cheese? Sorry about your Panthers but if they one I bet your plate would still be your highlight. :thumb:

No... not ham... it's BAAAACCCOONNNNNN!

Looks really good JM! Not a mac and cheese fan but I would eat the whole plate for a couple of those ribs!

I think I just need to stick with shopping where I know the meat is always good, and that's at Sam's Club. I have never had bad experiences with their stuff. This wasn't a 'bad' experience but I have made much better ribs.

Looks good from here, I want to try that mac and cheese some day.

B

Back